Carbon monoxide detected in hotel room where 11-year-old was found dead

UPDATE: Appalachian District Health Department holds press conference Tuesday

Carbon monoxide was declared the cause of three deaths in the same Boone hotel room April 16 and Saturday, June 8, according to a press release from the Boone Police Department.

Police responded to a call Saturday in which an 11-year-old boy, Jeffrey Williams from Rock Hill, S.C., was found dead in room 225 of Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza. Jeannie Williams, the boy’s 49-year-old mother, was found injured and was transferred to Watauga Medical Center.

A test at the scene gave investigators insight to Jeffrey Williams’ death.

Read more…

Read the full article here: